DSWD Field Office X disbursed 17,165,994 pesos worth of support packages to 209 family beneficiaries of the Balik-Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program (BP2P) in Northern Mindanao.
The one-time cash assistance from the DSWD includes a Transitory Family Support Package and Livelihood Settlement Grant to provide for their basic needs and ensure continuity of their economic activities.
Depending on the assessment, each family received not more than 100,000 from the DSWD, subject to proper liquidation of expenses. Before the payout, families underwent capability building with DSWD to manage their financial grants.
DSWD Field Office X closely coordinates with local government units to identify and endorse eligible families who have settled back in their hometowns during the height of the pandemic.
Under the DSWD Memorandum Circular No. 15, S. 2020, BP2P benefits low-income individuals and families from Metro Manila and highly urbanized cities who are:
- Affected by government projects and activities;
- Eviction and demolitions allowed by the law;
- Families living on the street and/or living in unsafe dwelling places;
- Affected by human-induced and/or natural hazards or disasters, including health hazards;
- Affected by loss job and/or income opportunities;
- Disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalized individuals or families; and
- Other situations deemed acceptable and valid based on the assessment of the Social Worker
Receiving local government units with more than 20 families receive 7.5 million to implement community-driven sub-projects under the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services. The municipalities include: Balo-I, Sultan Naga Dimaporo (Lanao del Norte) Initao, Villanueva, (Misamis Oriental) Sinacaban, Bonifacio, Clarin (Misamis Occidental).
President Rodrigo Duterte signed Executive Order No. 114, s. 2020 Institutionalizing the Balik-Probinsya, Bagong-Pag-Asa Program as a Pillar of Balanced Regional Development. Another 304 families under Batch 2 will be served in the coming months.